Low Carb Diet: Weekend 2

Thursday, July 14, 2016



This weekend it was a little hard to stay on track.  We were out at get-togethers all weekend and, of course, there's very little that's low carb when you go to parties.  Saturday was probably the worst.  We went crazy with the Baconators.  I know.  They are low carb, but high calorie so still not good for you.  But by that time, I was just too tired to care.  Aiden had a blast at both parties, but he really wore me out chasing after him everywhere.  That boy is full of curiosity.

    A few takeaways:
  • I need to start watching my calorie intake, not just the carbs.  I will probably still lose weight, but a lot more slowly than if I kept it to a reasonable caloric amount.
  • We ate before going to both parties and that really helped us stay away from all the yummy carbalicious foods.  
  • I'm not afraid to admit it...I wanted to rub my face into Aiden's slice of pizza on Sunday.  Seriously...it was a close call.  And don't get me started on how difficult it was to stay away from the Cake Love cake and cookies on Saturday.  If they had a Baltimore Bomb pie, I would have been a goner.  That's my kryptonite when it comes to sweets.
  • I'm pretty happy that I made my step goal on Sunday!  It helped that we weren't at the party too long and I was able to run errands afterwards.  Aiden had a bit of a meltdown and we had to cut our stay short, but he was able to unwind and relax in the car.
Week 2 was definitely not the easiest week with social events going on.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Pinterest

Instagram

Subscribe