Scrapbook Layout: Gorgeous

Thursday, November 14, 2013




Something must be in the air because I finished another scrapbook layout last week!  All the time spent at home must have stewed the creative juices because I've been having such a fun time crafting these last couple of days.  I have missed crafting just for the fun of it!  Project Life this month has been coming along so easily.  I'm waiting for a good weather day to take photos of what I have completed so far.  Is it too weird if I say I'm proud of myself for keeping at it this long? 

Back to the layout, it was created using Studio Calico's CUPPA Scrapbook kit.  Beautiful colors in this month's kit.  Oddly enough, now that it's the last scrapbook kit I chose to subscribe to since I had months of not using them enough, I found myself reaching straight for it when I took this picture.  I using a sketch from Page Maps to help get me started.  That site is a great resource for helping me figure out how I want things laid out. 



The view from my backyard is simply gorgeous this time of year.  All those trees were one of the many reasons I wanted to live here.  I couldn't wait to see them change colors year after year.  After being in this house for over two years, I finally remembered to snap a photo before the leaves all blew away.  This photo has been my list of things to do ever since I moved in!  The colors married wonderfully with the CUPPA kit.

A few pieces were taken from previous Studio Calico kits.  They included the cutest embellishments in their kits, such as that "Awesome" wood veneer I used in the photo above.  I've been waiting for the perfect project to use it on.  Those tiny black star embellishments have also been waiting on my desk to be used.  I'm happy that they've been including more star embellishments in their kits.  I also used the Big Ticket Basics stamp set by Papertrey Ink to create that large ticket in my cluster.  It is a good size stamp for scrapbooking.  I die-cut a ticket from white cardstock and stamped the image twice using different colors so I could layer them together using foam tape.  It creates a nice pop of the peachy color without adding too much visual clutter.



Here is another place where I used another item from PTI, their One Liners.  Ever since they released a month or two ago, I knew they would look perfect in a layout to create a nice accent.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Pinterest

Instagram

Subscribe