Low Carb Diet: Week/Weekend 3Monday, July 18, 2016
In an effort to keep track of what I eat, I've been taking pictures of some of my meals. As you'll notice, I missed one of my meals on the weekend so it's not foolproof! But I think it's been kind of fun using photos as a food diary and I'll try and keep up this week. So my results for last week were...
A few takeaways from the week:
- We added a little more variety to the diet which made things more interesting. I can only eat so many eggs at a time.
- Lavash is a type of flatbread that can commonly be found close to the deli counter. It's semi low-carb, I think around 8g of net carbs for a whole piece. We loaded it up with ricotta, cheese, and turkey pepperoni. I'll post a recipe once I find the perfect combination of seasoning for the ricotta spread.
- The cream of broccoli soup was actually incredibly filling! I loved the silky texture of it. The cheese "crackers" were something Nestor looked up online and make an interesting side for the soup.
A few takeaways from the weekend:
- Like I mentioned above, I totally missed what I ate on breakfast for Saturday! All I know is we stayed home that day so it was probably something egg related.
- I'm in love with the Alaskan Pollock Fish Burger patties. These were a sample at Costco one weekend and I was surprised by how tasty they were. Even Aiden ate a few bites! They aren't completely zero carb, but they are low enough in carbs and calories that I think it's acceptable.
- Sauteed cabbage is my new favorite side dish. I've never been a big fan of salads so incorporating them into my diet has been hard. But give me cauliflower or cabbage any day!