Make It Challenge: Use Those Crafty Supplies

Wednesday, June 29, 2016


 Hi, my name is Christine and I'm a crafty supply hoarder.  I love to go shopping in those big box craft stores and get filled with so many ideas of projects I can make.  I love browsing the pages of online stamp companies and getting caught in the wave of release countdowns.  I love surfing through all those DIY blogs and seeing visions of upgrades I can make in my own house.

But you know what?  I don't love drowning in piles upon piles of supplies.

I joke when people visit my craft room because it's almost like shopping in a mini store.  Need some paint?  I have that!  Want to make a stuffed animal?  I have the felt and the stuffing!  Want to make a scrapbook?  Don't get me started on what I have.  I probably have one in every color.  Thinking you want a little glitter in your life?  I have all kinds and colors!



Just take a look at my basket of raw chipboard albums.  This is when I was very into all things scrapbooking and just had to have all those 7gypsies supplies.  And if they were on sale?  Just imagine me stockpiling this stuff like it was survival supplies.

But here's my confession...I haven't made any mini albums in years.  I pass by that basket in my craft room and I'm always thinking to myself...I should make something.  Lighten the load in that basket a bit, especially now that I have a zillion pictures of Aiden.

I have a bad habit of saving supplies for a "special project".  You know what I mean.  I'll be making things and thinking to myself that this project isn't special enough for that super cute embellishment that was hard to get and can no longer be found anywhere.  I do that all the time, but I just need to get over it.  Stuff was meant to be used and not hoarded.  Once it starts spilling out of my craft room and into the adjacent living room there's a problem.  And then there's the basement storage room.  And my sitting room upstairs.  And I'm sure I'm forgetting other hidey places, but you get the picture.



So I'm challenging myself to MAKE IT.  Use up those piles and baskets of supplies.  Make those projects I've had percolating in my mind for years.  And if I don't have projects in mind?  Come up with something just to use it up!  There are six months left in 2016 and I want to knock out six projects before 2017 rolls around.

Want to join me?  I know you do.  I know I'm not the only one with hidden piles of supplies.

I will be posting my updates on my instagram account (@shopinkscissors) with the hashtag:  #makeitchallenge2016.  I would love to see what projects you decide to do with all of your crafty supplies!    

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Pinterest

Instagram

Subscribe