Finally...A Scrapbook Layout!

Tuesday, October 08, 2013


 After several weeks, probably even a few months, I felt inspired to do a scrapbook layout.  And for the first time in a very long time, I truly enjoyed the process!  I'm not entirely sure what's going on with me, but it's as if the creative juices have all dried up.  I still enjoy dreaming up ideas for my etsy shop, but I really have been struggling to just craft for myself.  But this layout...it came about so naturally.  I tried scrapbooking a few weeks ago putting together my travel journal for our road trip, but after documenting day 2 my enthusiasm just fizzed out.  I knew better than to force myself to finish it because then I wouldn't have an album that captured all the excitement I had on the trip.


Then I received my latest scrapbooking kit from Studio Calico.  I had thought about cancelling my subscription because I hadn't used any of the kits in months and they were just piling up.  But I opened up my kit this month just to take a look like I normally do, and the colors inspired me.  Pinks, blues, and grays...I'm really loving that color combination right now.


It also helped that I really do love this photo of Nestor.  It was taken in Maine on the beach near a lighthouse we had visited.  He had the cutest look on his face when he finally found the perfect tiny shell to bring home.  How could I not be inspired to scrap about this?  As soon as I took that photo, I just knew I had to make a layout for it.  That's how much it spoke to me.


All the papers came from my Studio Calico kit, but a lot of the embellishments came from bits and pieces in my stash.  I recently finished tidying up my room and doing a mini reorganization so it was like I was shopping in a brand new store again.  I discovered things I had saved that I wanted to use again.

And it felt really great.      

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Pinterest

Instagram

Subscribe