not enough time

Monday, April 09, 2012

hand-sewn heart yoyo's

In case you've been wondering why it's been so quiet around ink & scissors, things have been a little crazy at work.  To sum up my life, I've been living on an irregular schedule of waking up at 3:45am, getting to work at 5am, and working my butt off...all just to do it all over again.  Oh but no...things couldn't be easy and have it be a daily thing.  I have learned trying to do a schedule like this every other day is very hard on the body. 

So please bear with me as I catch up on orders and convos.  I haven't forgotten...just trying to maintain a home in-between sleeping and work.  Seriously considering putting the shop up for vacation until this episode is over...

Posted only a small amount of new things today.  Above, you can see these hand-sewn heart yoyo's in the preppy mikan mix.  There's something about that color combination that makes me happy and think of summer and fall mixed together.  These were actually created quite a while ago but I just hadn't gotten around to taking photos of them.  Aren't they just so cute?  I found another set of yellow/gray fabrics which I plan on turning into a set of heart yoyo's, too.

hand-dyed chocolate brown mini clothespins
Next up was a special request by a customer, chocolate brown mini clothespins.  I have been meaning to expand my color selection, but hand-dyeing does take a little time.  As I was cleaning up the kitchen yesterday, I decided to create a batch of these since my customer has been so patient.  I daresay I do like how they turned out!

So that is all for now since I must get ready for bed and that early hour of 8:00.  *sigh*  Thank goodness my weekend is free so far.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Pinterest

Instagram

Subscribe