Coffee or Tea?

Monday, October 21, 2013






















For the greater part of my life, I was a coffee drinker.  I can still remember how my aunt used to make it for me in the Philippines when I was younger.  A small mug of kapeng barako with powdered milk and unrefined sugar.  Even in Japan, she and I would sneak over to the vending machines in the lobby of my building and buy some Georgia coffee when my mom wasn't looking.  When I moved into my own place, I was a Starbucks-or-nothing girl.  I wouldn't drink anything else.

I always wondered about tea though.  So many people drink it so it can't be all that bad right?  I tried iced tea and learned I was definitely not a fan of that.  I avoided it thinking all tea tasted like that.  Then I tried some Twinings Lemon & Ginger Tea when I was feeling a bit under the weather and I loved it.  This stuff was delicious!  I started trying other teas from that point on and even branched into the "fancy stuff" like loose leaf tea.  I was out of control with wanting tea all the time for months.  Didn't miss the coffee at all.

Then I found myself wanting coffee again.  I go through these phases all year long.  I tend to drive my husband crazy with my many phases.  I am truly a woman of contradictions.  I only want one or the other, but never both at the same time.  Is that weird?  I guess I can't have two loves in my life all at once. 

For now, coffee is my main guy.  But soon, now that chilly weather is creeping in, I have a feeling coffee will get the proverbial kick and tea will be setting up house with me.

Anyone else have contradictory favorites like I do?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Pinterest

Instagram

Subscribe