Packing Away the Cards

Friday, January 10, 2014

 

The holidays are officially over and it's time to pack it all away.  I know I'm getting a later start than everyone else, but Nestor loves the seasonal decor and specially requested we keep it out a little longer.  So clean up didn't really start until the first week of the new year.

One of those seasonal items I've always been a loss at for storing away is the holiday cards.  Now that photo cards have become so popular, I really wanted to be sure to keep them somewhere that they could be enjoyed again.  I used to just keep them stashed away in a file folder where they sit forgotten.


Solution:  a mini book of cards!



To assemble, I used my crop-a-dile to punch holes into the cards.  I used the covers I had made as guides.  My album measures at 6"x9" to accommodate some of the larger cards, but yours can be any size you want.  It was pretty fun playing with some of the holiday supplies I had even though the season was already over.  My favorite was the red flocked polka dot paper by 7gypsies I used for the album cover.  I have been holding on to it for years waiting for the right project to use it on.

 
For the title page, I used a Hambly transparency and mounted a bingo card with our holiday photo.  On the backside, I used another Hambly patterned paper, a felt snowflake sticker, and a wood veneer tile.  

I really love how it all turned out and I can't wait to bring it out again next year.  Because I used binding rings to hold it all together, it'll be simple enough to add in next year's cards when the holidays are done.
   

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Pinterest

Instagram

Subscribe